G260 Hip Extension Device
The exercise movement targets primarily gluteal and hamstring muscles. The exercise is ideal for a variety of hip-related complaints including pre- and post-operative rehabilitation for hip joint replacement patients and other hip-related problems.
Hip extension is our latest addition to the line of DAVID devices.
This complements the Hip & Knee Solution in an outstanding way. We recognized the importance of joint-specific, controlled exercise for the hip. A leg press was not enough, and hip abduction does not target the largest human muscle, Gluteus maximus. But training the glutes in a safe way is very challenging. They are connected to the pelvis, and training with large forces can cause an uncontrollable tilt that endangers the lower back. We are very pleased with the results of this device. It is certainly one of the more remarkable devices in our lineup.
Hip Extension Device
The exercise movement is safe and effective for the hip joints. The movement targets primarily gluteal and hamstring muscles.
- Stable and functionally optimal exercise position
- Self-adjusting movement arm cushions
- Lower leg support for angled knee for maximum gluteal isolation
- Slightly rotated body position for maximum gluteal activation
- Electronically adjusted footplate height adjustment for correct joint alignment
- Range of motion adjustment to accommodate various user needs
- Unilateral exercise
- Gluteus maximus
- Gluteus medius
- Biceps femoris (with straight leg)
- Semimembranosus (with straight leg)
- Semitendinosus (with straight leg)